Responsible for providing pleasant, quick and efficient service to our guests. Take food and drink orders, deliver check promptly after meal and inform guests of payment procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greets guests with a friendly smile and name upon their arrival to the table.
- Recites the featured items and makes recommendations after probing for guest preferences.
- Checks for timing requirements of orders and relays same to Bar and/or Kitchen.
- Memorizes menu items and prices.
- Delivers food promptly and correctly to each guest.
- Monitors guests’ needs and wants often.
- Handles guest complaints by Acknowledgement, Apology, and Action.
- Offers desserts and after dinner beverages, such as coffee, tea, brandy, or cordials.
- Prepares check promptly, verifies its accuracy, and informs the guest of payment procedures.
- Thanks guests for visiting and invites them to return.
- Keeps station and work areas neat, clean and takes part in any team duties
- Delivers friendly service and cooperation to guests and fellow teammates.
- Is available to work all shifts including weekends and holidays.
- Responsible for maintaining their station, running food and bussing tables.
- Perform any other task that is assigned for the successful operation of the restaurant.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School graduate (GED), Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to guests, managers, and fellow employees; stand and move about dining area for up to 10 hours and; able to lift up to 40 pounds.
This restaurant offers casual dining with indoor and outdoor seating, and is quite busy especially during the winter season. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.