Washes and stores all dishes, trays, eating utensils, cups, pots, pans, and cooking utensils. Maintains the dish machine and pot washing area in a sanitary and efficient manner. Maintains/ cleans walls and floors in kitchen. Maintains all refrigeration, storage spaces, walls, floors, utensils, and equipment. Assist in food preparation such as dicing, chopping and slicing products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sets up and breaks down dish machine, including arms and three compartment sinks. Cleans and polishes machine thoroughly, including removing debris and rinsing out the interior.
- Checks out machine to make sure it is operating correctly. Reports any defects immediately. Checks water temperature during operation to ensure proper temperature.
- Assist in putting away delivery trucks
- Washes and stores in proper places all dishes, utensils, cups, small equipment, pots and pans.
- Removes all trash from kitchen and places in dumpster. Cleans and sanitizes garbage cans, as well as changing liners in cans. Makes sure dumpster lid is clean and kept closed.
- Keeps shed storage area neat and orderly. Keeps dish hallway area neat, with all proper soaps and chemicals.
- Cleans all hood vents weekly and assist in equipment detail.
- Washes all walls, refrigerators, and shelving in kitchen daily. Sweeps and mops kitchen floor.
- Required to assist in preparing of food items and any other tasks assigned for the successful operations of the restaurant.
Education and/or Experience: Entry level position.
Physical Conditions: Subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and loud noise. Must be able to bend, stoop, lift and carry dish racks weighing up to 40 pounds on a regular and continuing basis. Must be able to stand for 8 hours and move from area to area in the kitchen.
Morning shift available including weekends and holidays.
Submit your resume today or apply in person at Café Alfresco 344 Main St in Dunedin.
Recruiters please don’t contact this posting or employer about this position.
About Bon Appetit Group:
For 44 years, the Bon Appétit GroupSM., formerly operating under Advantus Leisure Management Services, has been serving the Clearwater area. Their first venture, the acclaimed Bon Appetit Restaurant on the waterfront in Dunedin, FL, was so successful they expanded to Café Alfresco, also in downtown Dunedin. Long known for excellent food and catering, they expanded their operations to include food and beach rental concessions on Honeymoon Island, Caladesi Island, Sand Key, and various other area beach parks. To learn more about us, we invite you to visit our web site at www.bonappetitgroup.com.
Job Type: Full-time
COVID-19 considerations: The safety and well-being of our employees and guests remains our top priority. We are following local ordinance requirements and CDC guidelines.